Calling all content creators! If you’re here, you’re probably looking for a quick and easy way to use Instagram stories. Amirite? Let us present to you… our Instagram story templates (for free)!
Instagram stories have become a light at the end of the tunnel for those of us who want to give our audience engagement a boost.
We all want to create more engaging content so we can increase our influence (and income!) and seeing as you only have 24 hours to stand out from the crowd, it’s time to jazz up your stories!
Instead of worrying about how to create an Instagram story template, we’ve got some free templates all lined up for you to plug and play straight to your Instagram account.
Keep reading to learn how to use Instagram story templates and download the templates themselves!
Why should you use Instagram story templates?
Content is queen – we all know this – but it can take a helluva lot of time to create content for your Instagram. This is exactly why we created these templates: to help you save time in your content creation process and look great whilst you do it!
With pre-made Instagram story templates, you can:
- save time worrying about what to post and spend more time actually engaging with Stories viewers!
- have ready-to-post content at your fingertips whenever you don’t know what to post on your Instagram story
- make your Instagram content look more professional with our pretty templates!
- get personal with your audience – use the templates to share your faves, and behind-the-scenes content with your followers!
How to use our Instagram story templates?
Using the templates is super easy! All you need to do is get them from our blog onto your phone. To download and use our templates, simply follow these steps:
- Right-click on the template you want to use and select ‘Save Image As…’
- Save the image in a place that suits you!
- Get the image over to your phone using AirDrop, email, Google Drive, DropBox, or however you’d like
- When the image is on your phone, head over to Instagram and create a new Instagram story
- Swipe up, select your chosen template, and voila! You’re using our Instagram story templates!
How to edit your Instagram story templates?
Once your template is all ready and uploaded into Instagram, you can use Instagram’s in-app editing to make the template your own! What you do with the templates is completely up to you but, if you’re stuck for ideas, we have some for you!
- Use the Stories in-app editing to add text and answer the prompts on the templates – get creative with your answers and make the text any color you’d like!
- Add gifs to add your personality into the template!
- Use stickers and music to get even more creative with your Instagram story.
- Tag friends and connections in the template so encourage them to take part too!
When you’ve made the templates your own, hit share and get your Stories out there!
Download Your Free Instagram Story Templates!
We’ve got all kinds of Story templates for Instagram for you to choose from here! From travel plans to quotes to ‘about me’ Instagram templates – have a look through a take your pick – you can even download multiple images from this blog post!
How to create Instagram story templates?
If you love our templates for Instagram stories but also like the idea of having ones in your own branding on-hand, you can create a library of your own templates!
You can create your own templates using graphic design software like Canva or Adobe Photoshop. Make sure the Instagram story image dimensions are 1080px by 1920px and that you save the file as a JPG or PNG file.
Make sure you add your own branding – including your fonts, brand colors, and maybe by adding your logo at the bottom of the template.
Want free stock photos to use on Instagram?
Sign up to get your free Instagram stock photos and caption ideas below!